Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Refining Your Theme: January 30, 2017

Focus: How can I refine my theme to fortify my personal connection to the Harlem Renaissance?

1. Warming up with a quick refresher on Grammar You Must Know #4: Modifiers

2. Perusing the rubric together

3. Setting goals and refining your theme: What complex ideas do you want your classmates to understand better or differently from your project?

Rough theme: Hope is important.

Refined theme: Genuine hope arises from a place of desperation and is the only way to claw yourself out of that dark place.
  • I want the tone of my project to be...
  • I want the class to understand that this is my theme:
  • The title of my project will be..
  • By Friday, here are the tasks I need to accomplish to make sure my tone and theme are clear:
  • By the end of class today, here's what I will accomplish: 
4. Working on your Harlem Renaissance Little Projects

HW:
1. Continue working on any parts of your project that need to be done outside of school. Projects are due at the beginning of class this Friday; late projects will lose points in Academic Character Habits.

2. This Wednesday we will have an open-note quiz on Grammar You Must Know #4: Modifiers.

HARLEM RENAISSANCE LITTLE PROJECTS DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS THIS FRIDAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stand Up and Speak (Finals, Day 2): May 25, 2018

Focus: What do we want each other to understand better or differently? 1. Warming up with a few reminders 2. Speaking and Listening: Enj...