Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Reading with Precision: April 4, 2018

Focus: How can we apply our reading skills to SAT reading passages?

Shortened class today due to lengthened Tribe

1. Warming up with the right answers and how to choose them

2. Reading and journalling on Chapter 6 of The Great Gatsby with a focus on possession


Note: If you have fallen behind in your Gatsby blogs, you have until THIS FRIDAY to catch up.

HW:
1. Please finish reading and journaling about Chapter 6 (due by tomorrow). Chapter 6 leaders need to post their syllabus to the class website.

2. Remember that you can use Method Test Prep to practice for the SAT or ACT (it has the timer function, which especially helpful on the reading portions). Click HERE for the link.

3. The end of 12 weeks is Friday, April 6 (the Friday after spring break). All make-up work / revised work from the last 6 weeks is due by then.



2 comments:

  1. Gatsby:
    fear- Daisy wont want to be with me. Fear of not being good enough for Daisy to leave Tom for me
    reality- an exciting party lifestyle full of luxury, danger and lies
    Harm- living in a fantasy is keeping me from living as who I genuinely am, filling me with sorrow from the disappointment that my fantasy isn't reality. Others are enjoying the environment I have created to entregue Daisy.
    Question- When did Gatsby begin to create this fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Gatsby)
    I fear I'll lose her. That one day I will not be wealthy enough for her, my life won't be glamorous enough for her, that my connection with her will have faded. I lie to myself every night and tell myself that Daisy is perfect in every way, and that she will always be better than me. I'm weaving a reality where everything is perfect between Daisy and I.

    ReplyDelete

Stand Up and Speak (Finals, Day 2): May 25, 2018

Focus: What do we want each other to understand better or differently? 1. Warming up with a few reminders 2. Speaking and Listening: Enj...